No products in the shopping cart.
This Gluten Free Apple Crisp Recipe is so easy and the perfect fall dessert. Baked apple filling with maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla that is topped with oats and baked to golden perfection! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for the ultimate comfort food dessert. Dairy free and nut free options included; this is a dessert the whole family can enjoy!
*Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*My favorite dairy free and vegan vanilla ice creams are from the brands Coconut Bliss and Nadamoo!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish with avocado oil.
- Add the apples to the baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, lemon juice, water, arrowroot, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth and combined then pour the mixture over the apples and toss to coat. (Note: the baking dish will seem very full but the apples will cook down.)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the apples bake, in a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, almond flour, walnuts, maple syrup, chia seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- Using your fingers, pinch in the cold cubed butter until incorporated throughout the topping in small pieces.
- After the apples have baked for 30 minutes, remove the baking dish from the oven and stir the apples to coat in the cooking liquid and then spread them evenly in the dish.
- Spoon the topping evenly over the apples then bake for 25-30 more minutes until the filling is bubbling around the edges and the topping is golden brown.
- Allow the crisp to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with *vanilla ice cream.